Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Chicken, black beans, and Salsa


photos taken by Heidi

   SALSA
original recipe of Heidi

4 lbs. roma tomatoes, chopped
2 green peppers, finely chopped
2 med. spanish onions, finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
juice from half of a lime
cilantro, hand full, finely chopped
jalapenos, to your desired heat
salt ( i usually salt the tomatoes heavily after I chop them.)
  
combine all ingredients and chill.  I like to make this the day before, so all my flavors have a chance to blend.

Chicken
I grill the chicken with granulated garlic sprinkled on the up side once it is placed on the grill.  Once I turn it over I squeeze fresh lime juice on the cooked side.

Black Beans
Heat on stove and add a little fresh onion and cilantro.  

My kids love to add sour cream to theirs.  I try to keep it healthier so I do not add it.  :(
I also sprinkled fresh queso cheese.

ENJOY!  :) 
  

2 comments:

  1. I thought of you when I was making it!! I am trying hard to lose weight and I thought... can I blend it into a V8 drink??

    ReplyDelete