Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pepperoncini Beef Sandwiches



Recipe adapted by Heidi  from Our Best Bites .com
Photos taken by Heidi (I put the cheese under the meat so you could see the meat in the picture! )

4 lb. beef roast, trimmed of excess fat
5 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 16-oz. jar sliced pepperoncinis, undrained

Crusty sandwich rolls (I used ciabatta and hard sandwich buns)
Sliced provolone cheese 

Transfer the roast to a slow cooker and add the minced garlic and the entire jar of pepperoncinis.  Cook on for about 6-8 hours, or on low for 8-10 hours or until the beef is fork tender.
For sandwiches, slice the rolls and grill the inside of the bun.   Spread lightly with mayonnaise and then add the shredded beef,  a slice of provolone cheese and lettuce. Serve immediately. Makes at least 15 large sandwiches.

This will be a new favorite of ours!  LOVED!!!

3 comments:

  1. I made these the other day. My picky family loved them! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this last week and we LOVED the recipe! It's definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying this tonight...I'll let you know how it goes over...:)

    ReplyDelete